Crème Brûlée… one of the most famous desserts of the planet!
Do you like it too?
Here in Portugal we use that a lot in Holidays such as Christmas or Easter!
It’s called “Leite Creme” and you can find it in every restaurant or household! But how can you do it at your house?
Well there’s lots of recipes, lots of ways to do it but today I’ll show you my way, and healthier Crème Brûlée!
Healthy Crème Brûlée by Mia’s Choice
- 1L of non fat milk (or almond milk, etc)
- 6 egg yolk or 3 all eggs
- 5-10ml of sweetener or 125g of brown sugar
- 30g of Maizena or Oat Flour
- 1 to 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 to 2 lemon peel (do not cut too deep into the white stuff)
- 1 tea spoon of vanilla extract or 1 vanilla pod
- a bit of sugar to the crust if you like it
- In a low heat temperature, put the milk into a pan with the cinnamon and lemon until it starts boiling.
- Into another recipient put the sugar, maizena and the eggs and mix it all together with a bit of the milk that is already boiling, so you can mix it and not cook the eggs.
- Pour the recipient content into the pan with the milk and start mixing very well watching out for the borders and bottom. DO NOT STOP MIXING
- Take the solids out of the pan (lemon and cinnamon, plus the vanilla if you use the pod) this can be done before you pour the mix of egg+sugar+flour into the pan but the more you leave it the more flavor it will have
- Mix well until it has the consistency you like not forgetting it will harden once it gets colder.
- Put it into the recipient to serve it, and cool it down until you’re going to eat it.
- If you like the caramelized crust, use LITTLE BIT of sugar and with a proper tool “burn it” until it caramelizes.
And ta-daa! It was sooo yummy! Do you like this type of recipes?
Comment down below!
Disclaimer: This recipe was created by me (at least that I know of). The sugar crust I wasn’t able to do it without the actual sugar but I’ll update this if I find out a way to do it-